Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hearing the news

I'm sitting here tonight at book group typing on my phone reflecting on the exciting news that one of my friends has publicly announced she's pregnant. Becca and Tom have spent a very long time, longer than us, trying to have children so when she announced she was pregnant every woman in the room couldn't help but be extatic.

 Alex and I have a lot of friends with fertility issues, we even started with Tom and Becca a kidless couples fhe for those who don't have children. When it first started most of us were having fertility issues so when a couple got pregnant we were very excited to "kick them out" of the group. We are always happy when our friends announce their news, and even though we wish it was us we never take away from the lime light of a glowing woman who's about to be a mom.

Becca's news actually gives me a renewed hope- if she can struggle for so long and successfully carry a baby, then maybe I can too. Although I don't want to jynx Becca since she's only about three months along give or take a week, (her problem was getting pregnant) I have a feeling she will carry her baby to full term.

Many of our friends, like us, are still struggling with infertility and some I have seen have grown in their faith and some have shriveled away and seriously begin to question God and his plan for families. To be honest when we have hit a bump in the road I have gotten mad at God and asked why, but feeling foolishly later when God has answered a small pray- maybe not the big one- I am reminded that God is there with me. As much as I want to really have a child, and my patriarchal blessing says I will (it however it doesn't specify in this life or the next), I know God has a plan for me whether it involves children in this life or not. I have great faith that God will never leave me and he will care for me no matter what I go through and I will come out a stronger and more refined woman in his eyes and in the eyes of those around me. The blessings that we wait for in the next life will be that much sweeter.

I congratulate my fellow sisters in Christ who are bringing new life into the world and as always give your babes a hug and a kiss for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment