Saturday, October 19, 2013

Crocheting lovely things

I don't have a lot of talents but I excel very well in anything artistic. One of my favorite ways to practice my talent is through crocheting. I have a semi active etsy shop called Heads of Fun
where I sell cute little crocheted flower headbands.
I don't get a lot of orders but I get a few. I kinda like it like that, that way I don't feel super rushed. Occasionally people from church will ask me to crochet something for their kids, not only have I done headbands and flowers I've also done hats,
Made this for my brother for last Christmas, we're big Doctor Who Fans
scarves
and my personal favorite amigurumi dolls.
Made this for my sister-in-law who loves Toothless
1,000 Brownie Points if you can tell me what this is!
10,000 BP if you know what this one is!
I like doing projects that are small.

I've done a few blankets,
Two security blankets the right (owl) I made for Sariah and the left (dinosaur) I made for a friend's newborn
Made this Superman hat and blanket for Sariah when she was born. She's got the Superman pose down perfectly!
but they take too long for me and I'm kinda impatient when it comes to getting projects done (that's why I got my degree in graphic design, because everything there has to be done fast, and the faster you go the sooner you get a finished product.). So blankets are not totally my thing. I recently made myself a granny square blanket,
This is my blanket
but I have to fix it because my bunny ate part of it (the hazards of having a bunny)
and this is the not-so-innocent-but-gosh-darn-it-so-cute culprit!
. I just recently also made a scarf and a hat for some friends.
My friend's daughter and the Gryffindor scarf I made for her Harry Potte themed birthday party.
Just finished this adorable strawberry beanie tonight for a friend's baby girl's Halloween costume.

I'm am also in the process of making some My Little Pony dolls (sorry, don't have a picture of those yet) that some day I'll finish. They aren't that time consuming but I'm doing the six stars from the Friendship is Magic series plus Princess Cadence, so they'll take a while to finish.

And here are some more cute pictures of my two newest nieces (Sariah and Aspen) in their cute little gear I made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment