Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How to deal with friendship breakups

Thanks Aubrey for sharing this video clip: 

Except for the part of bringing up old wounds, which I didn't understand but may be because I've never experienced that, this video is dead on to what happened to me and my best friend. I have honestly never felt so devastated in my life than when I lost that friendship, and it is even harder to keep the friendship severed because it was hurting both of us. 

As much as I still love and cherish my friend I can't go back to the way things were. It has made me rethink my friendships with people and how treat them, I don't have it down yet, but I try to be more conscious when I make remarks to my friends or anyone, and I have been fairly good at staying away from being a mooch.

I've always felt that the more comfortable I'm around someone, the more I tend to open up my ugly side and the only way to hide that is not to get too close to people. I still have to tame the beast inside, if I don't, I'll kill every close friendship to me. So, for now, I'm a bit more reserved about having a super close friend who I feel comfortable with telling my deepest darkest secrets too (this might be a bit juvenile, but hey I've never had a new super close female best friend since I was a juvenile.)


Previous blog posts on this subject:

1 comment:

  1. I know we aren't super close friends but for what it's worth, the more I learn about you the more I want to be your friend. It think it's easier to handle someone's ugly side when you know they're working on it and are willing to help them with that.

    ReplyDelete