Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fertility and love symbolism


On the banner of my blog I have a mother rabbit, a mother human, and a mother elephant. While the mother human may be obvious the other two may not be. In the wild rabbits breed, well like rabbits. They are a symbol of fertility, which is something I'm lacking right now (ironically my two pet bunnies are lacking it as well{they're fixed}).

The elephant is the ultimate mother. She loves and cares for her children from their two year gestational period to even after an unfortunate early death. An elephant never forgets even after many years so they are a symbol of a mother's undying love and devotion to her children.

Whenever I think of my future children or my four babies in heaven, I always think of the mother elephant I saw once in a documentary, a dedicated mother with several older daughters and a young son. During the course of her life as a mother she risked the dangers of repeatedly crossing the African plains constantly looking for food to provide her family. She dealt with the death of her baby boy and spent days protecting his body from the lions who were his killers making sounds of mourning. She reunited with her daughter that had been separated from her for several years. I always was touched by her relentless devotion and love for her family. The longer I go praying to be a mother, the stronger I want to be like the mother elephant and many other mothers out in the world.

I created a graphic inspired by these two mothers as sort of a good luck charm for me.


Note: If you'd like, you can share any of the images in this post or use them on your blog or other social media sites to raise awareness for infertility, but please leave the credit on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment