Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday with Ethan

A poem about my Friday afternoon babysitting Ethan.

Ethan's asleep,
Whoops! There's a peep.
The golden hair boy is excited today,
Time to read, no time to play,

Out of his crib he races to the books,
He sits on my lap with that adorable look.
On and on I read,
Pirates, puppies, and pumpkin seeds.

Then it's down the stairs,
Leap through the air,
Slide on the belly,
Then juice in the belly.

Cars, trucks, and trains,
Books on puppies again!
Then teach him an evil laugh,
Pbbbt! Whoops there's some gas!

Bwahahah! Head tilted up,
Time for your sippy cup!
Run, run, pounce, pounce!
Don't let the ball bounce!

Around the table it rolls,
Watch out for the bowls!
Run, trip, fall,
You're not hurt at all!

Big boy, big boy,
What's with this toy?
Done with that, then to sit,
Then to play with cars a bit,

Zzzzz now it's time for me to nap,
Want to sit on my lap?
Just kidding! Mwahahah!
I've got you baby and all!

Knock knock on the door,
Who could that be for?
Open the door and it's a friend,
Saying hi to Ethan!

What a big day of fun,
Now my job is done,
Mama's back with with her son.
What a big day of fun!





1 comment: