Friday, March 7, 2014

First play date of the season

The weather was so nice today (ok it was still in the 30s, but after so much negative weather, it felt like spring!) that the bunnies and all our neighborhood friends got together to play. 

Myla, my now veteran bunny, had a little trouble getting back into playing with kids. She was quite nervous to play and even more nervous riding in the bunny cart to the playground. She got tangled up so much that once we got to the playground I let her out of her harness and leash, and like a good bunny she stayed in the playground area running around with the kiddies running after her. She even discovered Aubrey's backyard that was full of her favorite treat- crispy dead leaves! We had to drag her out of the yard a couple of times because all the kids kept following her into it and a few slipped on the left over ice and mud. She got quite the workout outside that when we came home she went straight to the litter box with a trail of little poopies following her (she really had to go!).

This was Toothless's first time at the playground. Toothless had surgery a week ago so she wasn't allowed to run around in the grass (and because she's still a bit jittery and would run away), but that didn't stop her from having a good time. She was extremely well behaved while riding in the cart and around the kids. She stayed on her harness (she's not much of a chewer so I don't have to worry about her chewing through her harness and leash) and munched on yummy grass, cleaned herself, and relaxed in the shade. She's not used to walking around her leash and, like Myla used to do, when she'd get tangled in it, she'd freak out. Luckily, she was fine and her surgery incision wasn't damaged. I was surprised how well she behaved even when I lost hold of the leash (during one of the times she got tangled in it) she leaped a few feet, stomped her feet (she's our stomper in the family) and stayed still so I could retrieve the leash.

I have to admit that I was almost overwhelmed at the thought of taking two bunnies out in the open playground, especially when Myla was being all jittery on the way there. But because of how well behaved both bunnies were today (and with the help of having TWO harnesses thank goodness!) I can confidently say that it won't be an overwhelming hassle to bring both of them outside at the same time! I love both my bunnies and even though we've had some troubles with Toothless, I'm so proud that they were so good outside! Now that I think of it, I remember when we first got Myla I felt really overwhelmed with having a bunny, but after a few months she became the love of my life and now I have two bunnies to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment