Sunday, February 23, 2014

If a woman knew me

Today, after reading this blog post- http://thelewisnote.blogspot.com/2014/02/why-miscarriage-matters-if-youre-pro.html?m=1 I am reminded of my four babies in heaven. In this post Lewis shares the names of her lost babies and how each one of them is a person and I remembered I had named all of them too. Andria, Sasha, Fiona, and Charlie. I don't know if up in heaven I have four babies or if I have one who has tried over and over to come to earth. I don't even know what sex they are. Whatever the case each one was a real baby, not just a clump of cells, but a real baby. I have kept every pee stick, hospital tag, and ultrasound picture that I've ever gotten to remember them by. I mourn them just like any mother would mourn the death of her child. Especially my sweet baby Charlie, who a year ago this month went back to heaven to be with God. 

I tend to be apathetic towards most political views, so you'll probably never hear my stance on abortion except for this: when I hear about a women having an abortion I cry. Because maybe, just maybe, if she had had her baby I, or someone like me, could have adopted him or her and could've had my own baby to hold in my arms. 

There is a serious lack of infants in this country up for adoption. There is a serious problem of infanticide in china and India. If a woman knew that there was someone out there like me that wanted her baby, to hold her and cherish her and give her the life she deserves as a human being, would she let her live? Let her reside inside her for nine months so that she could fill a couple's lives full of happiness and joy? So that she could give a child a new baby sister? So that one day she could say I'm thankful that you brought me into this world to live, to experience, to love? 

Whenever I think of adoption and abortion, I think of the movie Juno. I think of the brave pregnant girl. Fingernails. The yearning barren couple. The happiness. The sweet feeling when three parties have benefitted from one choice. 

One choice. One choice to change a life. One choice to tip the scales. One choice to change the world. If a woman knew me, would she choose life?

No comments:

Post a Comment